Program Assistant 2 (UCP 4), Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Search #: 494323
Work type: Full-time
Location: Hartford Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CCEI) in the School of Business is seeking a full-time Program Assistant 2. The incumbent will report to the CCEI Program Director and will administrative and program support. The position will be based at the Storrs campus and the Graduate Business Learning Center in downtown Hartford. Evening and weekend hours will be required in support of program needs. Occasional in-state travel will also be required on occasion in support of program events and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating administrative and program support for all CCEI programs, courses, events, and initiatives.
- Supporting all marketing and outreach initiatives including posting on all social media platforms, assisting in the development and preparation of publicity materials, composing and/or editing summaries or articles about events or news.
- Creating content for the CCEI website and making updates.
- Coordinating the CCEI student ambassador program.
- Conferring with and assisting the Program Director in coordination of program logistics and administrative support.
- Serving as a resource to and responding to inquiries from students, faculty and others regarding program policies, procedures and requirements.
- Assisting in recruiting program participants, reviewing applications, gathering application decisions from selection committees, and notifying candidates of the status of their application.
- Collecting data for reporting purposes and assisting with report preparation.
- Scheduling and making arrangements for all CCEI events, meetings, workshops, speakers, and program-related activities.
- Enrolling accepted students into programs and maintaining student records.
- Coordinating short-term or ongoing special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, entrepreneurship or related field.
- One to three years of administrative experience in higher education, business or entrepreneurial setting.
- Proven flexibility, initiative, good judgement and discretion and experience resolving problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Demonstrated experience working accurately and meeting deadlines.
- Proven experience planning, organizing and executing events.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and external constituents.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends.
- Willingness and ability to travel to both the Storrs and Hartford CCEI locations regularly as well as other UConn campuses.
- Demonstrated experience working in a higher education environment in a University setting.
- Demonstrated experience supporting a grant funded or foundation funded program.
- Demonstrated experience updating web sites using Aurora WordPress or similar software.
- Demonstrated experience supervising student workers and/or other employees.
This is a full-time position based at both the Storrs campus and the Graduate Business Learning Center at the Hartford campus.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494323 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on February 24, 2020.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time