Health Promotion Manager (Program Manager), UCP 7
Search #: 494313
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
Under the general direction of the Director of Health Promotion and Community Impact, the Health Promotion Manager applies their program development and project management skills to engage the UConn community in proactive, coordinated, campus-wide services and activities to address policy, community, organizational, and interpersonal factors that impact students’ health and wellness.
Health Promotion Managers are responsible for the independent and effective management of wellness program co-creation and facilitation with campus partners, as well as for coordination of wellness coalition committees. Coalition committee coordination includes the establishment of committee membership, setting common agendas and objectives, coordinating mutually reinforcing activities among coalition members, implementing effective communications to internal and external audiences, and collecting, evaluating and reporting data to inform coalition work. Health Promotion Managers may also be involved in managing and projecting the financial and human resources needed to accomplish program goals and objectives.
Health Promotion Managers typically possess some subject matter expertise and/or experience in area(s) of student health and wellness that complements the expertise of the professional team; and engage content experts outside of Health Promotion and Student Health and Wellness, when needed, to address knowledge gaps and to attend to emerging campus health and wellness issues.
In addition to the general health promotion program and project management skills mentioned above, the specialized expertise or experience desired for the Health Promotion Manager currently under recruitment, is the development and management of Collegiate Recovery Programs/Communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and manages the ongoing engagement of campus and community partners to identify, prioritize and implement health promotion initiatives and strategies to create a culture of health at UConn.
- Coordinates and monitors the day-to-day administration of wellness coalition work; manages and facilitates the coordination of partnership and coalition activities including meeting logistics, leading committee meetings, facilitating work groups, and implementing community engagement events.
- Trains, supervises, and coordinates the activities of professional staff, graduate students, volunteers, and student workers; determines work schedules and work assignments to most effectively meet established program and initiative objectives; recommends staffing needs and assists in the selection and evaluation of staff.
- Performs office management duties for assigned wellness coalition committees; directs the workflow; coordinates and monitors the processing of necessary paperwork and maintenance of records to support the program and agreed upon initiatives.
- Makes budget recommendations and monitors approved budget expenditures for health promotion initiatives and related activities.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff, faculty, parents, and others on matters relating to health promotion policies, procedures and activities, as well as engagement in wellness coalition efforts.
- Engages in public relations and promotional activities for the UConn Wellness Coalition, implementing recruiting and promotional strategies.
- Collects and analyzes wellness coalition program data, and participates in evaluating program and strategy effectiveness; identifies problems and makes changes, within prescribed guidelines, or recommends major changes.
- Oversees training and research activities that may be conducted regarding health promotion work.
- Plans, implements, and supervises the day-to-day activities of the UConn Recovery Program in accordance with program goals and objectives.
- Plans and organizes URC all-campus recovery and SMART recovery meetings, Ally trainings, URC Advisory Board meetings and other program curricula in accordance with program goals.
- Recruits qualified students or participants to the URC through promotional activities and contact with target population; assess educational need of target population and makes recommendations regarding exceptions to the program.
- Screens applicants for admission to the Cordial Storrs residence; monitors and coordinates activities associated with and held in the Cordial Storrs residence; makes recommendations regarding dismissal from and exceptions to prescribed activities in the Cordial Storrs residence.
- Keeps informed of and monitors compliance with state licensing, professional certification or accreditation requirements associated with Collegiate Recovery Programs including UConn Housing and Residential Life policies and procedures.
- Actively participates on and/or leads departmental, divisional, and/or campus committees or workgroups as requested
- Performs related duties as required.
- Master’s degree in discipline appropriate to the program to be served and at least 1 to 2 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently implement programs, identify and resolve day-to-day program problems.
- Ability to plan and organize workshops/training courses/curricula and training materials appropriate to URC and wellness coalition work.
- Good organizational and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, administrators, as well as external agencies/groups and the public.
- Ability to successfully recruit and counsel students and to interpret records/program data and information related to the administration of a Collegiate Recovery Program.
- Superior ability to build authentic partnerships and demonstrated experience engaging, coordinating, and influencing the activities of multiple partners with little to no direct authority for the purpose of improving community outcomes.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills in order to facilitate the work of multiple players and initiatives.
- Knowledge of health and wellness issues that impact college student success.
- Experience working with a Collegiate Recovery Program and/or with adolescents and adults in recovery in a direct service role.
- Familiarity with and ability to work in partnership with lead organizations responsible for identifying policy and systems barriers and developing solutions for coordinated action.
- Demonstrated experience integrating principles of diversity and inclusion into all aspects of program management.
- Familiarity with strategic planning and coalition building concepts and approaches.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid, dynamic environment.
This is a full-time position with a full range of state health and retirement benefits.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494313 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 4, 2020.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time