Administrative Services Specialist 2, UCP 4
Search #: 494231
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
Under the general direction of the designated administrator, these two openings for an Administrative Services Specialist 2 (UCP 4), will audit and process all transactions described within University Policies, Travel policy, and other related University policies as well as assist with special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audits records related to travel expenses, reimbursement and supplier payments in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures; reviews travel correspondence, records and other documents for appropriate action; identifies and follows up to resolve problems.
- Composes correspondence and other documents; communicates authoritative information and serves as a resource regarding policies and procedures, with responsibility to interpret such policies and procedures. Communicates with other University offices and/or outside agencies to request information or to provide information. Assists with training for University faculty and staff regarding changes in travel policy and procedures.
- Responds to requests for information and provides assistance in solving a variety of problems, based on knowledge of the policies, procedures, practices and past experience. Prepares narrative and informational reports, as needed or requested; compiles and organizes information from various systems, requiring an understanding of data sources.
- Is responsible for carrying out special projects requiring planning, organizing and coordinating work activities and the work of others, as assigned; participates in planning and decisions regarding new or changed procedures and process improvement initiatives.
- Assists departments with questions, making referrals as appropriate
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, business operations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to independently resolve problems. Good organization skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Experience in accounting, finance, business or related area
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business operations or related field.
- Experience processing payments, travel reimbursements and/or other travel and accounts payable experience.
- Experience with project management and process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience using software, such as Concur & Jaggaer. Knowledge of Kuali Financial Systems.
- Strong audit, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The University offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-summaries/.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494231 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 20, 2020.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time