Computer Programmer/Analyst 2 or Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst, UCP 8 or 9
Search #: 494188
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Information Technology
The University of Connecticut is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a full-time position as an Applications Programmer Developer in the Information Technology Services division. This individual will provide support for the University of Connecticut’s Student Administration application. You will be joining a team of experienced IT professionals managing multiple Oracle applications and providing technical services to the University community.
The successful candidate will provide analysis, design, development, and production services for the delivered Student Administration application as well as supporting bundles, upgrades, and security maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide analysis, design, development, and production services
- Install upgrades for Bundles and New Releases for enterprise application
- Maintain security in the applications
- Independent analysis and requirements gathering
- Develop technical documentation and communications
- Provide training and instruction for user requirements
- Revise programs for new requirements and adapt to new technology
- Provide analysis and planning working with colleagues across Information Technology Areas
- Assist with development of standards and procedure to minimize risk to services and systems
- Work flexible hours for production moves and occasional maintenance, 5:30 am – 7:30 am and weekends
Additional duties performed at Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst (UCP 9) include:
- High degree of expertise and advance knowledge of computer programming technology
- Works independently and keeps manager informed
- Creates and maintains project plans and schedules
- May serve as technical project lead and supervise other programmers on project
- Recommend program standards for new technology
- Research and implement new functionality and technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Three years application and/or server programming experience
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads
- Excellent written skills
Additional minimum qualifications to be considered for the rank of Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst (UCP 9)
- Minimum five years of programming experience or equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- Job History indicating growth and development in field
- Experience SQR programming or similar programming language
- Experience using application upgrade utility product
- Experience applying Bundles/Fixes
- Experience working with application Security
- Experience in ERP systems implementation
- Experience using Web Services
- Experience with Data Mover Scripts
- Hands on experience in object oriented programming
- Experience working with Oracle Database environment
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Ability to work well within a team
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidates’ background and experience. For additional information regarding benefits visit: http://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-summaries/. For additional information about the University visit: http://www.uconn.edu/.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494188 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 21, 2020.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time