Office Manager, UCP 5
Search #: 493830
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services, Student Programs and Services
The Department of Student Activities (DSA) and the Center for Fraternity and Sorority Development (CFSD) at the University of Connecticut announce the opening of a full-time Office Manager (UCP 5).
The DSA and CFSD offer a diverse portfolio of educational, social, and recreational programs for the entire campus. The related programs and services reach from the classroom and residence halls to the sidelines and beyond and engage students with unique programs and initiatives defined by their quality, creativity, and effectiveness. The DSA and CFSD staffs are a progressive team of individuals, dedicated to the profession, prideful of our University, and committed to excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President & Director of Student Activities and supporting DSA and CFSD, this position will provide high level, administrative and programmatic support - including but not limited to: assist with human resource/personnel, travel and professional development, room reservations and catering details for special events; supervise and coordinate daily workflow of department; assist in the hiring and training and support of clerical and student staff; determine work assignments and work schedules where assigned; assist in coordinating administrative support for professional staff; may monitor and review clerical personnel actions for accuracy and compliance with department and University procedures and resolves problems as they arise; assist in reviewing department administrative policies and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and recommend improvements; interpret and implement established policies and procedures; assist in disseminating information to staff; may represent supervisor to other University offices, the public or outside agencies in administrative matters; assist in preparation of reports, developing monthly calendars; devise, modify and/or supervise the maintenance and coordination of filing systems, records and mailings; serve as a liaison between the department and other University offices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience
- At least five years of related experience in a responsible administrative support position which demonstrates considerable knowledge of administrative methods
- Ability to perform office management duties
- Supervisory and administrative ability
- Ability to work under time constraints and to work effectively with staff and public
- Demonstrated ability to actively foster a campus climate that is welcoming and supportive of University of Connecticut's diverse student body and encourages communication with and among campus constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and regularly exercise sound judgment regarding a wide variety of administrative matters
- Ability to effectively manager multiple projects and responsibilities at a high level at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with students, staff, colleagues and the general public
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with the use of personal computers and basic software programs including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Familiarity/experience and/or ability to learn critical University systems (Human Resources/PageUp, Kuali Financial Systems, HuskyBuy, StudentAdmin/Peoplesoft, Core-CT, etc)
- Ability to represent the Department and collaborate with colleagues/areas across campus and beyond
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in and supporting student development/leadership training programs in a college environment.
The anticipated salary for this position is $50,000 with excellent benefits.
For additional information about the University or Student Activities, visit our website www.studentactivities.uconn.edu.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #493830 to submit a letter of application and resume that demonstrate how you meet the qualifications and requirements of this position, and contact information for three professional references. Screening will begin immediately.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 26, 2020.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time